Sacrum is a very important part of a woman’s body. When it is “alive” and moving, it creates a pumping action that generates and pumps energy in our pelvis and uterus. With time, as we get older, it gets less and less mobile, and soon enough it just becomes one with our pelvic bones. It really grows in together with other bones. This is not normal and should not be this way. That’s why often times they advise a woman to have another baby soon after the first one because the sacrum opens up and becomes mobile during labor and pregnancy. And while it is still moving around, it is easier to give birth to another baby. If that doesn’t happen, our sacrum solidifies again and the labor can be hard and painful.
For the same exact reason the older we are, the harder for us to perform yoga asanas that have something to do with sacrum or pelvis. Nothing is moving there so we are not so flexible, we are closed and tensed. To keep sacrum “alive” and free is our very important duty as women. And I want to share one very simple but very effective practice on how to do just that.
1. Find yourself some upbeat energetic music that you are okay listening to for 20-30 minutes straight. It has to be energetic because we will be moving our pelvic floor rhythmically. It will create this additional energetic doping to keep our body moving. We are basically going to dance with our pelvis and have a party down there.
2. Make sure you have about 45 minutes of free time. You will be doing the practice itself for up to 30 minutes, and then 15 minutes of Savasana (laying flat on the floor) which is a very important part and cannot be skipped.
3. You can either do it inside or outside. Both ways work just fine, the only difference is your goal and for some particular goal outside is better. I will explain why in just a moment.
4. Lay flat on the floor, with your knees bent and your feet right by your pelvis. Your knees are looking up to the ceiling, hands lay flat on your sides.
5. Now turn your music on and start hitting the floor with your pelvis – and your sacrum – with the rhythm of the music. Just go up and down, and make sure to hit the floor with your sacrum. You can do it slow or fast, as long as you keep doing it the entire time. There is no right or wrong way of doing it. You can bring you pelvis higher up or you can just barely bring it above the floor and then go down. The main part is that your sacrum would need to be touching the floor hard. And don’t worry, you won’t hurt it.
6. Once the music is finished, close your eyes and lay down with your hands by your sides and your legs straighten, fully relaxed. Stay in this position for 15 minutes. Then slowly get up.
Now, there are some nuances. There can be two goals of this practice, and it solely depends on you on how deep you want to go.
One goal can be to simply revive your sacrum, which is the main goal by default. It is wonderful enough and is already a great goal. Second goal is to cleanse your pelvis and your uterus from you past sexual connections. Yes, if you hit your bum against the floor with this intention, it will cleanse it eventually, on a subtle energetic level. To do that, simply set an intention at the beginning of the practice. And while you are doing it, visualize how everything foreign and old, all past sexual experiences, sort of falls off of your uterus and goes into the ground. It can be some dark energy, pieces of it, maybe even some images. See them falling off and going away. For this goal it is okay to put pillow under your buttocks. Which takes me to my next note..
This is why sometimes it is good to do this practice outside because then all this unnecessary sexual energy you no longer need will go straight to the mother Earth. Don’t get me wrong, it will still do it even if you are in the house or an apartment. However, doing it outside on the green grass just makes this whole thing stronger and sweeter. And it just feels really, really good.
Additionally, if you feel tired during your hitting, you can stop for a moment and just roll with your knees up against your chest from side to side on your back. Or you can put your knees down to your left and right side. After that, go back to practice.
I personally find the Shamanic Drums music perfect for this practice. It is energetic, rhythmic, has wonderful energy in it already and is certainly very healing on its own. When you do it with your headphones, you might feel like you become one with the Earth and it fully takes away everything you no longer need. Sweet!
This practice can be done daily, whenever you need. You can start with two weeks, doing it consecutively every day, and then just a few times a week.
Sweet Side Effect
One “side effect” of this practice is that you can get pretty aroused, and might even experience an orgasm. And guess what? This is totally normal and even very good. Another benefit and goal of this practice is to relax all the abdominal organs, which are often tensed in most modern women. And as we hit the floor, our organs start to relax on their own. You can even facilitate this by letting yourself go and intentionally relaxing everything down there, which again is a very pleasant and healthy experience.
Enjoy your practice and let me know how it goes for you in the comments! 😉