Today I would like to share a few more ancient women’s arts that increase femininity. You can read the first several of them in part 1 of this article.
There are a total of 108 of them. Every woman was educated with them ever since she was a little girl back in the Vedic times. Now, when we live in the modern world, only one or a few of those things interest some women, and they don’t have to know all this. However, this list could give you some ideas on what to explore and maybe try it. And who knows, you might enjoy it and will want to master ten of those!
Here are 19 more ancient women’s arts that help with increasing femininity.
Women’s Arts in Creativity
1. The art of playing musical instruments and knowledge of musical history and culture. It was important for a woman to know how to play several (not just one or two) musical instruments. They were strings, keyboards, wind instruments. She also had to master musical notation and the science of rhythm, as well as to learn about various musical traditions and cultures. This art is one of the most important ones, as it is not just for the purposes of education and entertainment. Music has rhythms of the whole Universe coded in it, together with spiritual and scientific discoveries. Knowing music teaches us to hear the harmony of the whole Universe.
2. The art of dancing, as a way of self-expression. This art includes dancing just for yourself, to release your emotions. And it also includes dancing for the partner, or in front of other people. Additionally, the knowledge of ethnic dances from different cultures and the ability to teach children dancing are also part of this wonderful feminine art.
3. The art of good speech, or in other words – public speaking, rhetoric, and just good proper speech. It is not only about a clean beautiful way to express things verbally but also about the ability to visualize images using your voice.
4. The art singing, which goes along with the art of playing musical instruments, as voice is our own natural musical instrument too. This feminine art is considered one of the main ways to bring our inner emotional state back to balance and to create a beautifully soothing ambiance at home. Besides, learning this art would also improve our voice general, making it healthier, stronger, and more melodic.
5. The art of painting. Painting, architecture, and sculpture – all of these are ways to express the world of shapes and forms through ourselves. This is one of the most important arts a woman should master because it brings energy into the world of shapes, and thus allows it to control and manage it.
Ancient Women’s Arts in Communication
6. The art of communication is the ability to hold a conversation on many different topics with various people from different backgrounds and educational levels. This is a complex art that also includes psychology. Together with the ability to recognize the level of development and areas of interest of another person, to make a conversation more interesting for them. It also includes erudition that allows a woman to know at least a little bit about many different topics and subjects and have a good conversation comfortably. This feminine art comes with the knowledge of the rules of the conversation where a woman can increase the interest of a person she talks to or on the contrary, to subtly change the subject, to initiate a conversation, or to avoid potential arguments. The art of gestures is also included here.
7. The art of ethics is the culture of good manners in your thoughts, words, and actions. This is the ability to be delicate, not to break the laws and principles of Universal harmony and morality. Women had to know how to control their speech in order to avoid unpleasant subjects and bringing up uncomfortable emotions.
8. The art of aesthetics is knowledge of beauty and harmony in every type of art, in daily life, and in our own physical appearance. It is also the ability to see the beauty in nature, the ability to manifest your impressions into images and visuals, following the rules of harmony.
9. The art of foreign languages and dialects. Ideally, a woman should know at least five of them. It is preferable to know both more logical languages, like any European ones, as well as figurative ones, like Japanese or Chinese. This art includes not only oral mastery of the language but also the ability to write on it as it expands the knowledge of that culture.
Ancient Women’s Arts in Interpretation
10. The art of Nimitta Shastra, or art of reading signs and omens. Understanding all this is a very important skill because a majority of information coming to us from the Universe is in the form of codes, symbols, images, letters, and numbers. Knowing to notice and to interpret a sign, a Universal coded message, is very important.
Women’s Arts in Therapies
11. The art of Yantra-Vidya is actually a science about the impact of forms and colors on people. Yantra is a magical diagram that connects a person with the energy of a certain deity through special geometrical forms and colors. Usually, Yantra is a square, directed to different cardinal points (South, East, North, or West), that has several circles with triangles inside of them as a symbol of harmony between the masculine and the feminine. Using Yantra is a special practice that helps with uniting macro and micro space.
12. The art of gem therapy. This is the skill that helps using precious and semi-precious stones as a healing therapy for emotional and physical disbalances. This art is about the ability to feel and understand the energetics of stones and gems, to know their benefits when using in various areas of life, and also to know how to get in contact with spirits that inhabit each stone. Each stone has a being or entity from a subtle world who inhabits it, and who can attract a certain deity.
More ancient women’s arts
13. The art of hirudotherapy and apitherapy. Those are two different arts, where a woman knows how to use leeches for healing in the first one, and bees for the same purpose in the second one. Both of these include the knowledge of various body areas to focus on for specific conditions. And what to do with them, placing a leech right ad using products of bees for further healing.
14. The art of phytology and the art of herbology. The first one is the ability to know what plant grows where, how to harvest them in specific times of the year, lunar days, and other natural cycles. The art of herbology is the ability to prepare healing mixtures from plants and minerals.
15. The art of Gandhya-Vidya, or aromatherapy. This is a different level of aromatherapy, contrary to the one when you can just use one essential oil or a fragrance to remove a bad odor. This art is more refined. And again, not like modern aromatherapy that offers a combination of certain fragrances to fix an issue. Gandhya-Vidya is serious science, it is the ability to choose one specific scent out of hundreds that would resonate properly with a person’s own scent.
When a person gets sick, it emits a certain scent. To know which scent to prescribe him, a doctor of aromatherapy should be able to attune with that person to know what was the scent before the disease, the scent of health. And only after that, using several different oils, a doctor can create a unique scent for a patient that would bring back the health. And a woman should know exactly the same thing. She can pick a certain scent out of many that would empower her individuality and suit her. That is how she could bring back the scent of her children or her husband if they lose it.
Ancient Women’s Arts Using Mantras
16. The art of Mantra-Vidya, or the knowledge of using specific mantras to connect with the Creator, his representatives – various deities and guardian angels. Mantra is a sound vibration that can free the mind from destructive programs. At first, it influences us on a physical level or cell level. Next, it changes our energetical level with our chakras and various subtle bodies. That is when mantras cleanse subtle channels and connect with the Divine. And the third level is the level of mind that is usually full of negative scenarios and patterns. So mantras help with cleansing of the mind from this negativity.
Women’s Arts Home Design
17. The art of architectural design and landscape design. This is about the knowledge and understanding of various architectural styles and the ability to apply them in your own interior design at home, and in your garden.
18. The art of Vastu-Vidya. This is the sister science of Feng Shui but from India. Vastu is the knowledge of the house energetics and its surroundings. A woman in Vedic culture could decorate the house and create a beautiful environment inside. And at the same time, she could improve or change the energetics of the space.
19. The art of gardening is something well known today. This wonderful feminine art of course includes the knowledge of various soil types, times for planting, proper caring, and watering. In ancient times this art was also about the ability to communicate with plants mentally.
So, now that you know so many Vedic feminine arts, which one is your favorite? Can you imagine knowing all of the ancient women’s arts, and even more? Doesn’t it make you feel like a super-woman? Each art includes a much deeper subject and a more serious approach than nowadays. Perhaps, this ancient culture knew what it was all really about.