We have come to the heartiest of chakras – Anahata. This chakra is considered a female one, and is also a threshold between three previous ones, connecting us more to the carnal and material world, and three further ones that connect us to our Soul and Spirit. Anahata chakra is located in the chest, beside our heart (not in the heart itself). Unfortunately, only a few people get to connect, open and develop this chakra.
This chakra gets activated at the age of 21 to 28 years old. Usually, it is believed that by this age woman already knows what she wants. She found herself, she received all the protection from her family, she found her place in society and maybe got married.
At this age, woman’s heart opens up and she truly begins to feel the need of a close intimate relationship. She wants to find mutual understanding and mutual acceptance with others, open her heart up to people. This is the time when she builds her relationships with others based on heartful love and not on bodily attachments. If she is already married she would try to find this deep connections in her existing relationships, and if not she would seek that with men.
At this age heart fills up with love, with the readiness to help and serve genuinely, to share out of abundance ( and not neediness). This is a perfect age to start a family because of those reasons. This is when babies should be born, a nest should be started and all the relationships with friends should be deepened and strengthened. Because woman really needs those deep connections. She needs her heart to be open, to give, so that she can accept all her loved ones. This is the time when a young woman becomes a mature woman on the energetic and mental level. Her maternal energy wakes up and her desire to take care of others comes to her.
So what if none of this actually happens in woman’s life? What if a woman when she reaches this age energetically can’t go up to this level because of the issues on the previous levels/chakras?
All this love and care that got accumulated in her body would make her restless. So if there is no one around her with whom she started deep connection, she begins to serve everyone else around her, literally. Getting cats and dogs, kiss and spend time with them like with children, buy them expensive food and clothes. Or she would try to please her relatives and do all they ask her to do. Or she would do the same thing to all her friends. She does all the work that they offer her. She does anything she can only not to hear her inner voice that tells her “You need your own family and your own children, you own home”.
So to avoid hearing this, she takes on more work, more duties and help all her friends and colleagues and everyone else. She tells her inner voice “I cannot find a right partner”, although she barely does anything to actually meet him; or “I am not ready to have children now”, although she cannot say what exactly is not ready other than very vague reasons; or “I need to focus on my career. I can always start a family later”, although this is clearly a complacency.
So eventually, if she is successful in suppressing all her heart’s desires of a warm relationship, her heart closes up.
Energetically, this usually looks like a dark spot around the chest area. In worst case scenario it is a funnel. Physically, this woman would complain about chest pains, heaviness in that area, difficult breathing and just a general burden. Her shoulders would slouch to close her Anahata center even more.
And emotionally this shows in:
– fear of intimate relationships
– fear to trust
– unexplained tears
– fear to share deep feelings
– occasional depressions
– fear to open the heart
– general disappointment in life
– disappointment in herself
If this becomes chronic and completely ignored (or accepted as “norm”) this turns into an infertility and health issues with uterus, eventually. Because this is how fear and resistance to become a mother manifests from the subtle plane to physical one. As another version, there may be breasts issues, since this is also about the refusal of maternal love and care.
With time, such woman starts to believe that she does not deserve good relationships. She loses hope in herself and the whole life. She acts aloof to the whole world. It is hard for her to touch and hug other people, or to do any physical contact really. It is hard for her to accept help and care from other. And relationships and love become more and more of a difficult task.
As we can see, Anahata center is extremely important for us, women. Our nature is to live with our heart, to heal everyone with our love, to solace and care about everyone. Hence this chakra is considered a female one. Mental and psychological states directly depend from this center, as well as the ability to feel like a true fulfilled woman.
So what should we do if we find out that this area needs healing? Let’s look at possible options.
- To begin with, we need to heal and balance all three of the previous chakras.
- Practice Anahata cleansing and do meditations like “Opening your Anahata Chakra”.
- Consider having a family, at least consider.
- Deepen our relationships with people around us, learning to open our heart to them, share our emotions and feelings with them.
- Avoid wearing dark colours, as it is more harmonious for women to wear lighter colors, creamy, light, beige and warm.
- Nourish our maternal qualities and cook for others, take care of others, take care of children, do gardening (which is full of green Anahata colour).
- It is very beneficial to wear lunar gems like pearls and moonstone. These gems strengthen the energy of our heart chakra, so if you know you have some issues of excess there, avoid wearing them. For instance if you know you are a cry baby, these gems will only make it worse. So you should wear them if you want to strengthen this energy, not improve it.
- Ayurvedic herb Shatavari does wonders, as it is a very female/feminine herb.
- Meditate on lovely Goddesses like Mother Mary, Quan Yin and Isis by placing their image in our heart while we meditate. Imagine how the light is coming out from there. This is best to do after you have already cleansed your heart.
- Chant mantra of the Moon:
Om Cham Chandraya Namaha
Om Namo Bhagavate Vasudevaya
- And last but not the least, we can try to surround ourselves with other families, married women and mothers.