As in – save money. Or resources. Because if you start saving on yourself, being a woman, this just means that you started refusing your femininity. You may not think about it, but it is true. And I will explain to you why in just a little bit. First, let’s look at what does saving on yourself really means and what counts here.
What does it mean – saving on yourself?
Here are some examples on what does it really mean, to make sure we are on the same page.
☞ When you abandon your looks and don’t pay attention to your physical appearance anymore
☞ When you have only one pair of shoes per season and only one or two sets of lingerie that is still “okay” while the rest of your family or children have good and fashionable clothes and shoes
☞ When you feel bad spending money on yourself and don’t feel bad spending money on others (husband, children, partner, etc)
☞ When you keep fixing older clothes and socks in order to avoid buying new ones; the same goes for tights, old lingerie, same old jeans, t-shirts and only one skirt for going out
☞ When you avoid buying new eye pencil, mascara or hair mask, thinking “I’ll be fine without it”
☞ When you know you need new winter boots but then you think “These will do for one more winter” and don’t buy anything
☞ When you don’t pamper or spoil yourself with something little but nice even when you have extra money
☞ When you don’t even consider buying an expensive item because you know you can always find cheaper one, even though of less quality
☞ When you have “multiple personalities disorder”: you want to buy something new but have thought at the same time that you shouldn’t be spending that much
Have you found something familiar? Maybe one or two? Or maybe all of it? Don’t feel bad about it, if you have. And a good job if you have not. This can become a very strong habit that can turn into a lifestyle and then eventually it will be a totally unnecessary expense for the rest of your life.
Another Benefit in Saving Money
Eventually, a woman who does not spend money on herself becomes like this: she looks exhausted, she does not have any joys in life, she loses her natural glow and charm, she feels constantly tired, she thinks happiness is not for her and just does not exist, she does not attract men.
As you may see, this is not really living for a woman. This is just an existence. So why do we do that? Behind this desire to constantly save money on yourself there are two things: fear and guilt. If you don’t pay attention to yourself, if you don’t spend money on yourself, you cannot be a reason for failure or unhappiness. Because of the lack of money for yourself or your family. So women decide to not do that so that they can stay… innocent. So in the end, they basically become a victim and sacrifice their lives in order to save others. Very deep twist, that I am sure you did not expect.
And if you really think about it and decide to look straight into your fear, you’ll realize that you also have a benefit from it that makes you feel good about yourself. And this benefit is about being important. By saving others you feel important and needed because you sacrifice your own happiness and life for the happiness of others. Unfortunately, sacrifices and becoming a victim are never truly altruistic.
Saving Steals Femininity
So why is this a sign that you refuse your femininity? Because when you start saving on yourself, you turn into masculine energies and become more masculine. You want to control and be responsible, you want to protect and to save. These are not feminine qualities. Women who do that tend to think that they always need to control everything and take responsibility for everything.
So just remember: it is not really about money, it is about becoming a victim and enjoying it. You sacrifice your life and yourself because you have something more important to do. But you really cannot have anything important other than yourself. You cannot force someone else into happiness when you cannot deal with yourself first. And frankly, it is not your business – to make someone else happy. Just take care of yourself, and others will be happy just by being around you.
Never Save Money On These Things
Now that we know how important it is to NOT save on yourself, here are some important areas that you should pay attention to.
When you should NEVER save money:
1. Never save money on good quality healthy food. You should always have access to fresh, organic veggies and fruits, nuts, fish or seafood. For a woman, health and beauty are her treasures, her currency if you will. If her body is healthy, it will most likely be beautiful, and skin will most likely be pretty and clean. Which means she would want to dress in pretty clothes automatically.
2. Never save money on lingerie. It does not matter if you are single or taken, married or just by yourself. You should always have decent pretty lingerie to wear, and – actually, wear it. Go through your current lingerie and underwear stock and throw away everything old and ugly. I mean it. This is how you check your connection with your body and sexuality. The type of underwear you have is the way your attitude to your body and your genitals is. And in the end, to sexuality, sensuality, and femininity.
3. Never save money on makeup and skincare products. And to be honest, the more the better here. Beauty is literally the responsibility of a woman. And putting products, oils, creams, makeup and other things on yourself is a ritual that helps you feel like a queen which in turn empowers your confidence. You can never have too many skin products. Another reason here is because for a woman it is important to stay connected to her body, and touching it and taking care of it is one way of succeeding in it.
4. Never save money on home loungewear. And again, it does not matter if you are married or single. The way you look at home, especially when no one sees you, is the way you treat yourself. We often don’t even think about a special home wardrobe, and usually wear something simple, old, or just comfortable. You can still have something comfortable but also elegant and feminine. Put all of your home clothes in one pile and throw away anything that does not bring you a feeling of being a queen, when you wear it.
5. Never save money on your mood and well being. Emotional stability and good mood can be a luxury in the modern world. This is why it is very important to spend extra time and money there and make sure your well being is in top shape. A woman is a source of joy, peace, serenity. It is important to keep that source pure, clean and free of any negative clutter. So make sure you find time for yourself only: take vacations, take days off, get massages, dance, meditate, attend women’s circles or any classes, do something that brings you pure pleasure and joy. Indulge. Savor.
In brief, never stop spoiling yourself. You are allowed to, by the mere fact that you are a woman. This will make your life brighter and lighter, which in turn will make the life of those around you better and happier as well. No one can do it for you but yourself.